Thursday, September 18, 2014

Passage to India - Without Leaving NYC!



The Phyllis Chesler Organization

Facebook  Twitter  RSS

Passage to India - Without Leaving NYC!

September 18, 2014
For the second time, I was privileged to speak to a large gathering in Pune, India via skype through Finland! These are anti-Jihadists and Hindu nationalists who yearn for Jammu and Kashmir and who have been battling a relentless and vicious Jihad. This time, with their permission, I chose to speak, not only about Jihad, but about honor based violence in India among both Hindus and Muslims. I described my study in Middle East Quarterly which compared Hindu and Muslim honor killings in India, Pakistan, and the West. I talked about shame and honor tribal cultures which have turned being born female into a capital crime. Here is the You Tube of my seven minute speech.
To see interview click here
Related Topics:  Honor Killings, Jihad & Terrorism

To subscribe to the Phyllis Chesler mailing list, go to http://www.phyllis-chesler.com/list_subscribe.php

No comments:

Post a Comment