Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Threatened by the MSA on Campus

  • A A A
  • Let me begin by saying that I used to proudly identify myself as a liberal and a “progressive.” Growing up, I never believed Islam was a threat to the enlightened, Western world. I thought it was unfair to think Islam more evil or harmful than Christianity, Judaism, or any other world religion. But I have been mugged by reality and now view things in a wholly different light.

    Part of what I now understand should have been perfectly obvious. The New Testament of Christianity is substantially kinder and more magnanimous than the Qur’an. The Old Testament/Torah, while filled with morally questionable verses, is balanced and made reasonable by the Jewish Oral Tradition. The Qur’an has neither of these qualities and is, simply put, a book morally on par to Hitler’s Mein Kampf. The following verses make it easy to understand why Islam, in contemporary times, is the most violent and sexist religion in existence:

    Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kill them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. 2:191-2

    We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Their habitation is the Fire. 3:151

    A woman is worth one-half a man. 2:282

    These verses are oppressive in themselves. In addition, however, they recently caused me to be assaulted. On my college campus, several groups had come together for a several-hours-long anti-Israel protest. The most prominent of the protesters were, unsurprisingly, members of the radical Muslim Students Association (MSA) who provocatively shouted insults at passersby about Israel’s evil.

    I couldn’t resist. I walked towards the grassy, green Heritage Hill, a campus free speech zone which attracts speakers and protesters from all across the political and religious spectrum. The student doing most of the talking was a brawny fellow standing in front of twenty or so fake coffins representing innocent Palestinians murdered by Israelis.

    I stood there and listened to the protestors as they ranted about Israel’s cruelty. I kept thinking of all the countries surrounding Israel that commit human rights violations, that are of a magnitude much higher than anything Israel has done or does. Why not protest Saudi Arabia, which publicly beheads and hangs teenagers for being homosexuals? Why not protest Iran for being a completely fascist country that suppresses freedom of speech and tortures, murders, and brutalizes its citizens on a daily basis? Why not protest Pakistan and Afghanistan for their debasement of women and vile laws regarding rape and pedophilia?

    But this protest was not about human rights. It was about Jew-hatred. (The Qur’an says, in Surah 2:96, that “Jews are the greediest of all humankind. They’d like to live 1000 years. But they are going to hell.”) I said as much and attracted quite a crowd. Both Muslim protesters and non-Muslim students interested in the demonstration came nearer. One student, his face contorted in rage, approached me and immediately began screaming. He demanded to know why I disrespected Islam and disagreed with their presentation.

    I told him exactly what I felt–that the teachings of Islam and the Qur’an are filled with hatred and based on the teachings of a pedophile—Muhammad—who consummated relations with his youngest wife, Aisha, when she was not yet in puberty.

    The Muslim student grew more and more enraged as I continued to speak. When I was finished, he cocked his arm back and attempted to punch me. By grabbing and restraining him, his friends saved me from any actual altercation.

    This all leads to one question: Why is a club whose only ideology is radical hatred receiving school funding? Why is a club that engenders hatred towards Israel and Jews and threatens dissenters with violence receiving taxpayer dollars to spread their insanity? And most of all, why do universities like my own not make sure, in their rush to be politically correct, that the groups they support are not violent in their words and potentially in their deeds as well?



    1 comment:

    1. Oddly, the author is anonymous on the FrontPage Magazine article. Perhaps you should make this anonymous as well to respect the author's desire for anonymity?

      ReplyDelete