Wednesday, January 21, 2009

new from Citizen Warrior - January 20




new from CitizenWarrior.com...









When People Think You're Nuts



Posted: 20 Jan 2009 01:57 PM CST


I'VE BEEN in a lot of conversations with people about Islam, and I've experienced many people who think I'm nuts. Or at least think I'm exaggerating. Or they think I watch too much Fox News (I don't have cable and I've never seen Fox News). Or they think I must be a racist bigot. For sure I must be a Christian or a Jew (I am neither).

It is hard for people to grasp this information. Especially the fact that Islam has an inherent supremacist doctrine in its most foundational teachings. And that Mohammad was intolerant and violent and Muslims are supposed to follow his example.

They don't want to hear it. It must not be true. It CAN'T be true! You can hear in the back of their minds, "God help us if it's true!" Okay, now I'm hearing things in the back of people's minds. Maybe I am nuts.

Many potential citizen warriors clam up when they get this kind of reaction. They give up. They feel demoralized. To explain these setbacks they blame the media or the closed mind of their listener.

But a citizen warrior like yourself will not be demoralized for long. You will
keep your morale high. You will look at your explanations of your setbacks and remove the mistakes in your thinking that made you feel discouraged and frustrated. And you will get back in the game and fight to win!

You will stay motivated. You'll set achievable short-term goals to keep you focused. You'll respond with purpose and commitment. You'll think in terms of small bits and long campaigns. When one approach doesn't work, you won't give up, you'll find a better approach. You'll learn how to gain better rapport with people and make your points more effectively.

You won't give up. You're a warrior. You'll take the blows in the battle and keep fighting the good fight. For all our sakes, you will keep fighting.















No comments:

Post a Comment