Wednesday, March 24, 2010

'Camel! The Ann Coulter Story' (bumped -- constantly updated)

I am SO ashamed of my country Canada this morning,, I am APPALLED!!!!

From the amazing Five Feet of Fury,,,


'Camel! The Ann Coulter Story' (bumped -- constantly updated)


http://www.fivefeetoffury.com/:entry:fivefeet-2010-03-23-0001/


UPDATE Mar 23 5PM ET...

Why dontcha come with me, Little (Camel) Girl, on a magic carpet ride...

My husband's "investigations" (that is, going to her Facebook page) have revealed something interesting [screenshots]:

Fatima Al Dhaher that poor thing who was offended by Ann Coulter's camel comment [SEE BELOW], just happens to be a fan of a Facebook group that offends everyone - It's Called Palestine Not Israel!

Dear Fatima, Gotcha sweety even though you have deleted the reference to your little hate group;)

Update: Frumpy has a pic of the outraged Muslima reading her "question" to Ann Coulter from a blackberry, leading me to suspect that like the Maclean's sockpuppets these kids do not act uninstructed.

Michael Coren picked up on this and informed Charles Adler on radio this afternoon that "Until a few hours ago, she was a member of a Facebook group that wanted the elimination of the state of Israel. Not a two state solution but for the Jewish nation to be destroyed."

PS: the best thing I learned on my trip to Israel was that the Arab language doesn't have a "P". So naturally they've invented an imaginary country that starts with a non-existent letter.

Not the most nimble minded folks, wot?

***
Last night, I attended Ann Coulter's first ever talk at a Canadian university campus.

(Here's my mini-report at NewsReal. Video to follow.)

This event was the brainchild of twenty-something UWO student Andrew Lawton. He's been telling me about his then-pipe dream for at least a year. Even after he was felled by a freak stroke that's left him with a slight limp, Andrew carried on, armed only with his trusty cellphone or whatever it is kids use these days.

As I told his proud mother last night: this kid is going places.

And now, as I wait for the coffee to kick in -- the apparent highlight of the evening. I say "apparent" because it seems to be the incident getting the most attention.

During question period, once again putting the "I" in Islam, a "17 year old Muslim girl" was offended by Coulter's years ago contention that Muslims should be banned from flying and "just take magic carpets". "How do you expect me to travel?" (She got a mini standing o from the gang of rabblerousers who had positioned themselves in the highest seats.) 'Aw, isn't it cute? She can TALK and everything!! Wonder if she'd go out with me...' :-)

Amidst the applause, I shouted, "How's about a camel?"

And when the noise died down, Coulter -- whose best friend died on 9/11 -- said, "I dunno. A camel?"

Said 17 year old was apparently THE TV interview subject of the night. As you had guessed.

I'd be so thrilled if once in a while they'd acknowledge there's a reason some people -- shock!! -- don't trust them, and take it up with their violent coreligionists.

Muslims CAN fly on airplanes, Coulter isn't stopping you. She isn't the Secretary of Transportation. She made a stupid joke one day. Bite me.

Pop quiz:

What do you find more offensive?

A)



















B) The word "camel."

Take your time.

PS: to the guys who guffawed theatrically when Ann Coulter called John McCain a "war hero," I hereby volunteer to break both your arms.

More as I wake up.

***

The only “indentifiable group” against which Coulter promotes hatred* is bloodthirsty jihadi terrorists, but I suppose she could always add “Canadian academic douchebags named François” to the list.

And yes, she is threatening to file a Human Rights Commission complaint [incredibly biased article] against the "Canadian academic douchebag."

Last night at the podium, Coulter said she wasn't sure what "identifiable group" she fell under. Which is understandable since they pretty much make all that stuff up as they go anyway. But I'm pretty sure that, since she's white Christian conservative, the bureaucrat's answer will, "none, you stupid bitch."

I think -- seriously -- she should claim as her "identifiable group"... "American." It would be a fantastic way to get Canadians to face up to their chronic, rabid anti-Americanism in a public forum.

The Other McCain suggests "blondes"...

***

From the 11 pm TV news broadcast tonight, apparently that’s when a young Muslim woman stood up and read off a bunch of Coulter’s anti-Muslim quotes. Unfortunately my TV’s reception was wonky during this report, so I couldn’t hear the woman’s question to Coulter, nor Coulter’s response. But I did recognize the young Muslim woman; I sat right next to her while she alternately texted fellow Muslims and scribbled furiously in Arabic using the pen she borrowed from me. I forgot to ask for it back before I left — damn.

***
Don't forget that Ann Coulter will be on the Michael Coren Show tonight at 6PM ET. I hear it went great.

Coren writes:

I’ve interviewed many people over the years. Ann Coulter is one of the most gracious, witty, interesting and original I’ve had the privilege to meet.

He adds per last night:

As for the young Muslim woman who has become the new poster girl for outraged Islam, her comment that Coulter, “stabbed her through the heart” with her opinions is a little odd. The people who actually stab you are those Muslims who throw acid in women’s faces if they do not cover their heads, who deny them basic healthcare and education, who forcibly circumcise them, who make them walk behind men and cover themselves, who murder their daughters if they date non-Muslims, who blow up aircraft and schools, who decapitate young Christian Indonesian girls on the way to class. Nice, though, that we haven’t lost perspective.

UPDATE: Coren is sked to be Adler's guest at 3PM ET today, discussing Coulter, etc.

PS: get the Coulter in Canada tee shirt!

Denyse O'Leary weighs in on the "Americans-as-a-new-protected-group" meme.

Oooopsie! Another Poll Goes Horribly Wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment