Thursday, December 15, 2011

Why the West Is Best

The Phyllis Chesler Organization

Facebook Twitter RSS

Why the West Is Best
A Muslim Apostate's Defense of Liberal Democracy

by Phyllis Chesler
PJ Media
December 15, 2011

http://www.phyllis-chesler.com/1055/ibn-warraq-interview-west-is-best

Be the first of your friends to like this.

Excerpt:

The legendary Ibn Warraq is my dear friend. I decided to review his new and very excellent book Why the West is Best: A Muslim Apostate's Defense of Liberal Democracy and to interview him here as well.

But let's be clear from the outset. I am reviewing his book not because he is my friend. Rather, he is my friend because he writes great and important books. He is someone with whom I can share serious and witty conversations; he may very well be the best-read man I know. His familiarity with a vast array of fields is truly astounding and a great consolation (at least to me) in our world of apps and pads and short attention spans. He is supremely knowledgeable about philosophy, Islamic and Western art, music, theater, architecture, and literature, both sacred and secular.

Read the complete original version of this item...

Related Topics: Islamism/Muslim Dissidents


To subscribe to the Phyllis Chesler mailing list, go to http://www.phyllis-chesler.com/list_subscribe.php

The Phyllis Chesler Organization

No comments:

Post a Comment