Saturday, July 27, 2019

Open Letter to The New Yorker Exposes False Allegations


Open Letter to The New Yorker Exposes False Allegations

by Alan M. Dershowitz  •  July 27, 2019 at 4:00 am
Facebook  Twitter  Addthis  Send  Print
  • You appear determined to concoct a false narrative of my life....To support your false narrative, you began your negative "research"... by sourcing a Holocaust denial site that circulates false stories about prominent Jews, including me. You then interviewed my enemies, my critics, dissenting students and especially anti-Israel and, in some cases anti-Semitic, zealots.... The original reporting... did not include interviews with longtime friends and associates... You agreed to speak to a handful of such people only at the last minute, after I complained to the editor. But even then when some people called you, you told them the story was closed.
  • It is undisputed...that neither Al nor Tipper Gore ever met Jeffrey Epstein or were ever on his island. The Accuser's description is a complete and total fabrication and/or fantasy. I asked her attorney David Boies to call his former client Al Gore to check on whether she was lying about the Gores. He refused to do so....Secret Service records establish that Bill Clinton was never on Jeffrey Epstein's island. President Clinton has confirmed this fact.
  • I have provided The New Yorker with transcripts of recordings in which David Boies acknowledges that it would have been "impossible" for me to have been in the places Roberts claims to have met me and that Roberts is "wrong... simply wrong," in accusing me. The actual tapes were played for Bruck.
  • Like the first Accuser, she [the Second Accuser] only began to accuse me after she met David Boies. There is an insidious pattern here. The women first indicate they never had sex with me; then they meet Boies. Then they suddenly "remember" they had sex with me. Boies must know that both Accusers cannot be believed and that they made up the stories about me in the hope of getting money (which they got). Yet, he submitted their false affidavits, vouching for their credibility without disclosing to the courts their [both women's] documented history of lying about prominent people.
  • The New Yorker must know that there is absolutely, categorically, no evidence that I was ever in the same place as my Accusers or that I had any sexual contact with them. The New Yorker must also know that in addition to the absence of any evidence against me, there is overwhelming indisputable evidence that I could not and did not commit the acts of which I am accused.
  • In all three instances, my false Accusers have refused to make their accusations to the media on the record. They have made them only in court papers, hiding behind the litigation privilege, which precludes defamation suits for false statements. This is a tactic developed and employed by David Boies to prevent any legal accountability for false accusations. The New Yorker must publish the fact that my accusers have refused to go on the record (or presumably off the record) with The New Yorker or any other publication in accusing me. If it repeats these false accusations, without confronting the accusers directly, The New Yorker will have done precisely what judges and others have condemned: namely using the judicial process as both a sword and a shield for false accusations.
Alan Dershowitz: "The New Yorker must know that there is absolutely, categorically, no evidence that I was ever in the same place as my Accusers or that I had any sexual contact with them. The New Yorker must also know that in addition to the absence of any evidence against me, there is overwhelming indisputable evidence that I could not and did not commit the acts of which I am accused." (Photo:Getty Images)
As I have previously written, The New Yorker has commissioned a hit piece that seems calculated to silence my voice on President Trump, Prime Minister Netanyahu and Israel.
Here below is a letter I sent to the editor, the writer and the fact checkers. I have received only a formal response assuring me that the article will be fair. I replied that this will be up to the readers and the courts to judge.
Facebook
Twitter
RSS

Donate



No comments:

Post a Comment