Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Holiday Fundraising Appeal

The Phyllis Chesler Organization

Facebook Twitter RSS

Dear Readers,

I have been blessed by your past generosity. Now, once again, I urgently need your support in order to ensure that my voice continues to remain heard.

As you may know, in 2011, I published 106 articles or about ten articles each month on a wide range of topics, including Israel Advocacy and Anti-Semitism, Anti-Terrorism, International Women's Development, Academic Freedom and Hate Speech, Islamic Gender Apartheid, and Motherhood and Custody Issues.

I continued writing about Islamic gender and religious apartheid and have completed ground-breaking academic studies specifically devoted to honor killing. The first two studies (published in 2009 and 2010, respectively), continue to be been widely quoted by Western journalists covering the subject who often interview me. In 2011, I also completed a third study in the area of honor killing, which compares Hindu honor killings in India with Muslim honor killings in Pakistan and in the West. This new study will be published in 2012 in Middle East Quarterly.

In 2011, I wrote 25 articles about anti-Semitism and the demonization of Israel in general and on American campuses. Many of these articles went viral on the internet such as my recent review of Gloria Greenfield's new film "Unmasked. Judeophobia and The Threat To Civilization." My series of articles about the nomination of Tony Kushner for an honor and the consequent demonization of City University Board member Jeffrey Weisenfeld and my series of articles about the "firing" of Dr. Charles Small and the Yale Initiative for the Interdisciplinary Study of Anti-Semitism have been circulated on numerous websites and have been lauded by prominent Anti-Semitism activists in the United States and in Israel.

In 2003-2004, I was among the first to write about the Palestinianization of the university; and the way in which academic freedom is being used to protect hate speech and Big Lies and to censor and silence the truth. See my articles "Denmark: Free Speech is for Muslim Hate Groups, Not Their Critics", "The Death of Free Speech in Europe" I was also among the first to refuse to view jihadists as isolated psychiatric "exceptions." I was among the first to write about the nature of propaganda and how brainwashing works in our era. I continued this work in 2011. I was the first to call for a ban on the burqa in America and in the West and continued that work in 2011 (See France is Brave and Right to Ban the Burqa).

I take no salary. I subsidize my own operating costs, which in the scheme of things, is very modest but for me (and for you) represents a small fortune.

Every year, I must raise between $80,000 and $100,000 in order to remain visible. I struggle each year to raise these costs and with the help of generous supporters, I persevere. Please help me continue this work in 2012. Please partner with me. And, in the spirit of the holidays and given that we are fast approaching the end of the fiscal year, please make a donation to my not-for-profit organization. Let us hope that my work reaches more people and changes more hearts and minds before it is too late. With your help, I will try to do just that.

You may make your donations through Pay Pal

Or, please send a check to

The Phyllis Chesler Organization

c/o: Bender and Rosenthal
451 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016

Thank you and all the best,

Phyllis


To subscribe to the Phyllis Chesler mailing list, go to http://www.phyllis-chesler.com/list_subscribe.php

The Phyllis Chesler Organization

No comments:

Post a Comment