Sunday, September 12, 2010

The "Pro-Mosque" Protest at Ground Zero

Thanks to Atlas for these posts,, very illuminating,, indeed!!



The "Pro-Mosque" Protest at Ground Zero

DSCN0714

I thought readers should see this account of the counter protest sent to me from Tyler S of Tucson (and Brooklyn). I wasn't there, but it rings true for me, having attended so many of these leftist hatefests. They are all diabolically the same.

Firstly, I wanted to tell you that I attended the 9/11 rally today, and thought that it was a wonderful event - your organization did a marvelous job orchestrating everything, and I could not imagine it could have gone more smoothly.

I will also apologize in advance, as this might be a rather wordy letter, but hopefully worthy of your time. I attended all of the rallies to get a sense for the dichotomy that I assumed would exist - and I was not disappointed. The pro-mosque rally had already kicked off at City Hall Park when I arrived around 1:30pm. It was a surprisingly large crowd - at roughly 400 - 500 people by my estimate, it created quite the crowd along the sidewalk for about 1 to 2 blocks. It contained all of the usual suspects: gay rights groups, black reparations groups, Native American reparations groups (actually, just one guy wandering about aimlessly), 9/11 Troofers, Chicano Separatists, various "official" Green Parties, Palestinian Liberation groups. However, I would estimate that at least 75% of the groups were all Communist/Marxist fronts, most of whom seemed to know each other and work together. Each group was feverishly peddling their propaganda: papers, fliers, etc. - little, if anything, involved a legitimate discussion of the mosque, which only appeared to be a shallow excuse to mouth off. There was even a group of pseudo neo-Buddhists conducting a drum circle - it was cute. The event organizer very consciously marched every token minority group imaginable onto the stage to preach about the “social injustice de jour” by the white man.

The ceaseless, monotonous drone seemed to screech for hours: "rrrraaaccciiisssmmm, rrrraaaccciiisssmmm, rrrraaaccciiisssmmm, blah, blah, blah...WE WANT SOCIALIZED HEALTHCARE!...rrrraaaccciiisssmmm, rrrraaaccciiisssmmm, rrrraaaccciiisssmmm, blah, blah, blah...DOWN WITH THE USA!...rrrraaaccciiisssmmm, rrrraaaccciiisssmmm, rrrraaaccciiisssmmm, blah, blah, blah..." (note: both of the emphasized phrases are exact quotes). Again, 99% of their diatribe had nothing to do with the supposed issue at hand, and was a never-ending broken record. Never once did they honor the fallen – only once did they briefly acknowledge the atrocity, quickly following it with a rebuttal.

The virulent spite that seethed through the teeth of these people was terrifying - you could literally feel the rabid hate emanating from the hysteric mass - the speakers whipped these seemingly mongrel people into an absolute frenzy - on several occasions, a Muslim woman who introduced the other speakers (who I assume was the organizer) screamed at the top of her lungs, with a vitriol that was absolutely terrifying: "Allahu Akbar!"...coincidentally, the very phrase uttered during countless terrorist attacks around the globe - surely, it must just be a coincidence, right?

Police struggled frantically to keep people in check, as they attempted to spread their event onto adjoining intersections, of which they were not permitted. One could easily see the anxiety in the eyes of officers, who anticipated conflict at any moment.

There was something in particular that stood out among this event: not a SINGLE American flag was in sight.

-----

At approximately 2:00 pm, I decided to make my way to your event, passing St. Peters just as, of all people, Vice President Joe Biden was departing. I then came across a group of about 40 9/11 “Troofers” at a plaza on W. Broadway between Barclay and Vesey. I quickly passed on this event, as I felt my time may have just as effectively been spent analyzing the purpose of life with a spoon. A police officer kindly directed me to your event, of which I could only see the back of the Jumbo monitor that the officer pointed to. As I passed the security fence, I was awestruck by the massive…calm, cool and collected crowd that awaited you to kick off the event.

Absolutely EVERYTHING at this event was radically different from the other. Firstly, I noticed the cross section of society represented: To my left was a black family, my right an Asian family, a group of Brits behind me, and an old Jewish couple to my front. Contrary to popular media, people of every race, religion, creed and age occupied every corner of the street.

Secondly, I noticed how tranquil and composed the crowd was. Unlike the seething, crushing crowd of the pro-mosque rally, people at your event gladly helped people find their way and make themselves comfortable. Isles moved freely and quickly, rarely requiring a police officer to usher people along; people took their places, and graciously and calmly engaged in the proceedings. The streets remained clean and clear from beginning to end, unlike the masses of litter, signs, and pamphlets left scattered about City Hall Park. Whereas the pro-mosque rally induced rage, anger and hatred, your rally encouraged hope, decency and civility. Whereas the police frantically engaged in crowd control at the pro mosque circus, I noticed most officers at your rally were taking in the words of the speakers on stage, as there was little for them to do, with the exception of removing a handful of heckling troublemakers.

Then again, these are all things we could have expected. Though the media elite may refuse to acknowledge the truth, the simple fact of the matter is that the overwhelming majority of Americans – 3 in every 4 – oppose the “Ground Zero Mosque.” We are not the “fringe;” we are America, and the statistics prove it - there is simply no debate about it. The people of the 9/11 rally are the people who are the true blood, sweat and tears of New York – and America.

-----

I am including a few photos of the events.

The one I feel is of most importance is of 2 black women giving an interview who attended your rally, though I do not know the motives or employer of the interviewer. The women were being harassed by 2 black Muslim men who called them "red necks" for daring to take a conservative stance against the terrorist shrine, and verbally harassed anyone who questioned the scuffle. After the event, I noticed several pockets of provocateurs harassing people as they left the event – how civilized, eh?

UPDATE: Picture hat tip Tom

CIMG3546

CIMG3549

CIMG3566

CIMG3570

***FROM SOLSTICE =

THIS WAS A COMMENT ON ATLAS' SITE MUST READ
*****



<<<<

This Black & White flag is the flag of Islamic victory--so Mr. Mayor, don't tell me they don't want jihad on America!

One is the Islamic Khilafah (state) and one is the flag of jihad.

This black flag with the Shahada in white on it is the RAYAH, the flag of the Jihad in Islam. Not the banner of single group claiming for Jihad but the banner of the Jihad. The flag is Black and the Shahada always remains in white. Every Muslim fighting in Jihad will hold this flag.

They are coming.


>>>>>>>>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment