Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Out in the Open: Anti-Zionism is Anti-Semitism



Out in the Open: Anti-Zionism is Anti-Semitism

by Phyllis Chesler
Israel National News
January 21, 2014
Be the first of your friends to like this.
We have lost the first round in the Battle of Ideas, but at least with this admission, the lines are drawn.
Stephen Harper, the Prime Minister of Canada, has just announced that "anti-Zionism is anti-Semitism." May he live long and prosper.
In 2002, I wrote that "Anti-Zionism is the new anti-Semitism," as is the age-old Muslim view of Jews which, I pointed out, has joined forces with the western intelligentsia to create a "perfect storm" of slander against Judaism and the Jewish state.
My editor challenged me very hard on whether anti-Zionism was, indeed, anti-Semitic at all. I was adamant and the analysis remained in my book, "The New Anti-Semitism," which was published half-way through 2003. But my editor disapproved and remained aloof, nervous. (Well, he lived in Berkeley and what I had written was very "politically incorrect.")

» CONTINUE READING

Related Topics:  Anti-Semitism, Israel, Judaism

To subscribe to the Phyllis Chesler mailing list, go to http://www.phyllis-chesler.com/list_subscribe.php

No comments:

Post a Comment