The Canadian woman killed during the attack in London was struck on London Bridge and died in her fiancé's arms, her fiancé's siblings say.

Christine Archibald, originally from Castlegar, B.C., was among the seven people killed Saturday night when attackers drove a van at high speed into pedestrians on the bridge before stabbing revellers in the nearby Borough Market area. U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May described it as a "brutal terrorist attack."

The 30-year-old Archibald was in London for the weekend with her fiancé, Tyler Ferguson. His sister, Cassie Ferguson, said her brother was with Archibald on the bridge during the attack.
"He is broken into a million pieces," Ferguson's sister told CBC News in a Facebook Messenger conversation. "He held her and watched her die in his arms."

According to a statement from the Archibald family, the young woman had a huge heart. She had been working at Alpha House, a homeless shelter in Calgary, before her move to Europe.

"She had room in her heart for everyone and believed strongly that every person was to be valued and respected," the statement said. "She would have had no understanding of the callous cruelty that caused her death. Please honour her by making your community a better place.

"Volunteer your time and labour or donate to a homeless shelter. Tell them Chrissy sent you."
 Alpha House said its employees were "devastated" to learn of Archibald's death.

"Chrissy was a bright light to many, and her generosity, kind spirit and huge heart for her work in responding to issues of addictions and homelessness at the centre inspired us all," the shelter said in a statement. "We grieve the loss of our dear friend and colleague, and will remember her as a talented social worker, workmate and exceptional human being. It was our privilege to have known her. Our thoughts are with her family and friends as they struggle with their tremendous loss.  Chrissy is in our hearts and will remain there."

'Madly in love'

Ferguson's brother, Mark, said the two had been living in Den Haag, Netherlands, where Ferguson had been working for about eight months as an accountant. The couple was planning to return to B.C. when Ferguson finished his overseas contract, and were planning to live in the Castlegar area in order to be close to Archibald's family.

"They were very madly in love and had quite the plans for the future," Mark Ferguson said. "[It's] obviously very, very devastating for him. The love of his life has just been ripped away from him."
Mark Ferguson said his brother had been in London for about a week on business, and Archibald joined him there for the weekend.

"She had never been there before so they decided to take a walking tour of London in the nighttime," he said.

"My brother is a traveller; he's been all over the world and knows London pretty well. He was showing her some sights and walking around and just enjoying the nice night."

The couple got engaged just a few months ago, with Ferguson proposing soon after Archibald had joined him in the Netherlands.